You have the power to improve your health, starting today! Schedule a Lifestyle Consultation with one of our medical providers or join a CHIP program. Call (585) 484-1254.
The Complete Health Improvement Program (CHIP)
Our Next Medically Supervised CHIP Program begins:
Monday, September 11th, 2017 at 6:30 PM
We have partnered with Genesee Valley Physical Therapy!
FREE INFORMATION SESSION:
- Monday, August 21, 2017
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm
Do you want to feel better than you’ve felt in a long time?
Are you tired of being prescribed medicine as a band-aid approach to better health?
By eating the right foods, you can improve, arrest, and even reverse chronic lifestyle diseases, such as:
- Type 2 diabetes
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
- Early prostate cancer
THE COMPLETE HEALTH IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM (CHIP)
Our medically-supervised CHIP programs offer a supportive environment to inspire happy, healthy people and communities.
Take charge of your own well-being, and you may see great results such as:
- Lower cholesterol
- Improved mood
- Normal blood sugar
- More energy
- Lower blood pressure
- Weight loss
- Lower medication costs
- Better sleep
WE’RE IN THE NEWS
CHIPPing It Off (One Pound at a Time)
Dr. Ted Barnett interview
Time Warner Cable
Let Rochester Lifestyle Medicine help
you take control of your health.
We are a team of over 40 Rochester-area
doctors and medical professionals
dedicated to helping individuals improve their
health through making lifestyle changes.
Ted Barnett, MD
The High-Tech Doctor, with Low-Tech Solutions
- Board Certified in Diagnostic Imaging as well as Vascular and Interventional Radiology
- Attending Radiologist with Borg & Ide Imaging and Unity Hospital since 1986
- Yale University BS, 1976; Tufts University MD, 1980
- Consultant, Speaker, & Scientific Advisory Board member: Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
- Published in the Journal of the American Dietetic Association
- Testified before the Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee in Washington, DC
- Developed and teaches “Plant Based Nutrition: Eating for Happiness and Health,” CME accredited course
- Member of the American College of Lifestyle Medicine
- Co-Coordinator of Rochester Area Vegan Society with wife, Carol H. Barnett, PhD, JD
- Vegan since reading Reversing Heart Disease by Dean Ornish, MD in 1991
- With his wife Carol, raised 3 vegan children
- Read Dr. Barnett’s full Curriculum Vitae here
We are proud to announce a new partnership with the Louis S. Wolk JCC of Greater Rochester!
Our current 18-week CHIP session started Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at the JCC and includes a 6 month membership! Call our main number to inquire about our next start date.
CHIP participants will be able to take advantage of all the wonderful benefits of JCC membership, including yoga, strength training, swimming, various exercise classes, plus much more!
We will advocate only lifestyle changes that are affordable and accessible.
We will always be aware of the need to reach out to those least likely to seek our help.
We will promote only educational services.
We will not sell products such as supplements, vitamins, or equipment.
We understand that it will take a revolution to change the unhealthy habits of our community. That’s why we’ve created our CHIP Revolution program, designed around our core CHIP curriculum.
We know that many people will need ongoing support to help them stick with the CHIP Principles they acquired during the first year of the CHIP Revolution. CHAMP, the CHIP Alumni Maintenance Program, was created to fill that need.
Lifestyle as Medicine
The series will resume again in the spring of 2017.
Dr. Chad Teeters, Chief of Cardiology at Highland Hospital opened up the fall series with “But Nobody Will Do That!”: Treating Heart Disease With Plant-Based Nutrition.
Past speakers have included Drs. Michael Greger, Neal Barnard, Caldwell Esselstyn, Michael Klaper, Thomas Campbell, Chad Teeters, and Joel Kahn.
Our Programs and Events
FREE Information Session
Our next one will be scheduled soon!
Learn more about our CHIP Revolution program in this free session.
CHIP Revolution Programs
Our next ones will be scheduled soon!
One year program with 3 month intensive lifestyle intervention.
Calendar of Upcoming Events
We host frequent events, including yoga, cooking classes and CME courses.