You have the power to improve your health, starting today!
Schedule a Lifestyle Evaluation with one of our providers!
Call (585) 484-1254!
Did you know that eating the right foods can heal and reverse chronic lifestyle diseases, such as diabetes and heart disease? Are you tired of being prescribed medicine as a band-aid approach to better health? Do you want to take charge of your own health and well-being, while seeing real improvements in your cholesterol, blood pressure and weight? Do you want to feel better than you’ve felt in a long time?
Let Rochester Lifestyle Medicine help you. We are a team of over 25 Rochester-area doctors and medical professionals dedicated to working with individuals to improve their health with simple lifestyle changes. Our CHIP Revolution program offers a year-long, supportive environment to inspire happy, healthy people and communities.
The Complete Health Improvement Program (CHIP) is a scientifically proven lifestyle method that can help prevent and reverse lifestyle-related chronic diseases. You will learn how eating the right foods, reducing stress, and adding daily physical movement can have a powerful effect on your health.
We understand that it will take a revolution to change the unhealthy habits of our community. That’s why we’ve created our CHIP Revolution program, designed around our core CHIP curriculum.
We know that many people will need ongoing support to help them stick with the CHIP Principles they acquired during the first year of the CHIP Revolution. CHAMP, the CHIP Alumni Maintenance Program, was created to fill that need.
Lifestyle as Medicine
Dr. Chad Teeters, Chief of Cardiology at Highland Hospital opened up the fall series with
“But Nobody Will Do That!”: Treating Heart Disease With Plant-Based Nutrition.
Past speakers have included Drs. Michael Greger, Neal Barnard, Caldwell Esselstyn and Thomas Campbell.
Scroll down or click here to view upcoming lectures.
Next CHIP Revolution Programs
Our latest one-year intensive lifestyle intervention programs started on September 29, 2016!
Our next ones will be scheduled soon!
FREE Information Session
Was Tuesday, September 20, 2016 at 6:00 pm
The next session will be scheduled soon!
Learn more about our CHIP Revolution program in this free session.
Scroll down for a complete list of upcoming events!
Ted Barnett, MD
The High-Tech Doctor, with Low-Tech Solutions
- Board Certified in Diagnostic Imaging as well as Vascular and Interventional Radiology.
- Attending Radiologist with Borg & Ide Imaging and Unity Hospital since 1986.
- Yale University BS, 1976; Tufts University MD, 1980
- Consultant, Speaker, & Scientific Advisory Board member: Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine.
- Published in the Journal of the American Dietetic Association .
- Testified before the Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee in Washington, DC.
- Developed and teaches “Plant Based Nutrition: Eating for Happiness and Health,” CME accredited course.
- Member of the American College of Lifestyle Medicine.
- Co-Coordinator of Rochester Area Vegan Society with wife, Carol H. Barnett, PhD, JD.
- Vegan for 25 years and raised 3 vegan children.
- Read Dr. Barnett’s full Curriculum Vitae here.
Our home is at the Rochester Academy of Medicine in a beautiful old mansion at 1441 East Avenue, Rochester, NY. We look forward to sharing with you our newly renovated offices and classroom on the third floor, plus the 250-seat auditorium, kitchen, living room, dining room, and multiple meeting rooms of the Academy!
Address: 1441 East Ave., Suite 108
Rochester, NY 14610-1665
Office Hours: by appointment only