You have the power to improve your health, starting today! Schedule a Lifestyle Evaluation with one of our providers. Call (585) 484-1254.
Let Rochester Lifestyle Medicine help you. We are a team of over 40 Rochester-area doctors and medical professionals dedicated to helping individuals improve their health through simple lifestyle changes. The Complete Health Improvement Program (CHIP) is a scientifically-proven method for preventing and reversing lifestyle-related chronic diseases.
Please scroll to the bottom to view more events!
We are proud to announce a new partnership with the Louis S. Wolk JCC of Greater Rochester!
Our next 18-week CHIP sessions will start Tuesday, March 14, 2017 at the JCC and will include a 6 month membership!
CHIP participants will be able to take advantage of all the wonderful benefits of JCC membership, including yoga, strength training, swimming, various exercise classes, plus much more!
Rochester Lifestyle Medicine is guided by the following principles:
We will advocate only lifestyle changes that are affordable and accessible.
We will always be aware of the need to reach out to those least likely to seek our help.
We will promote only educational services.
We will not sell products such as supplements, vitamins, or equipment.
Are you ready to get healthy and be part of a thriving community? Learn about a new lifestyle program that can benefit you!
We understand that it will take a revolution to change the unhealthy habits of our community. That’s why we’ve created our CHIP Revolution program, designed around our core CHIP curriculum.
We know that many people will need ongoing support to help them stick with the CHIP Principles they acquired during the first year of the CHIP Revolution. CHAMP, the CHIP Alumni Maintenance Program, was created to fill that need.
Lifestyle as Medicine
The series will resume again in the spring of 2017.
Dr. Chad Teeters, Chief of Cardiology at Highland Hospital opened up the fall series with “But Nobody Will Do That!”: Treating Heart Disease With Plant-Based Nutrition.
Past speakers have included Drs. Michael Greger, Neal Barnard, Caldwell Esselstyn, Michael Klaper, Thomas Campbell, Chad Teeters, and Joel Kahn.
Our Programs and Events
FREE Information Session
Our next one will be scheduled soon!
Learn more about our CHIP Revolution program in this free session.
CHIP Revolution Programs
Our next ones will be scheduled soon!
One year program with 3 month intensive lifestyle intervention.
Calendar of Upcoming Events
We host frequent events, including yoga, cooking classes and CME courses.
Ted Barnett, MD
The High-Tech Doctor, with Low-Tech Solutions
- Board Certified in Diagnostic Imaging as well as Vascular and Interventional Radiology
- Attending Radiologist with Borg & Ide Imaging and Unity Hospital since 1986
- Yale University BS, 1976; Tufts University MD, 1980
- Consultant, Speaker, & Scientific Advisory Board member: Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
- Published in the Journal of the American Dietetic Association
- Testified before the Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee in Washington, DC
- Developed and teaches “Plant Based Nutrition: Eating for Happiness and Health,” CME accredited course
- Member of the American College of Lifestyle Medicine
- Co-Coordinator of Rochester Area Vegan Society with wife, Carol H. Barnett, PhD, JD
- Vegan since reading Reversing Heart Disease by Dean Ornish, MD in 1991
- With his wife Carol, raised 3 vegan children
- Read Dr. Barnett’s full Curriculum Vitae here
Dr. Ted Barnett interview
Time Warner Cable
CHIPPing It Off (One Pound at a Time)
Our home is at the Rochester Academy of Medicine in a beautiful old mansion at 1441 East Avenue, Rochester, NY. We look forward to sharing with you our newly renovated offices and classroom on the third floor, plus the 250-seat auditorium, kitchen, living room, dining room, and multiple meeting rooms of the Academy!
Address: 1441 East Ave., Suite 108
Rochester, NY 14610-1665
Office Hours: by appointment only