At the Rochester Lifestyle Medicine Institute
you take charge of your own health.
- 15-Day Jumpstart Program – Lower cholesterol, improve blood sugar, lose weight and feel great in just 2 weeks!
- Complete Health Improvement Program (CHIP) – CHIP is an 18-week lifestyle intervention program developed over 25 years at Loma Linda University. Our patients love CHIP!
- 6-Week Nutrition Course – Learn how to embrace a Whole-Food Plant-Based Diet (Physicians can receive professional credit.)
- Lifestyle as Medicine Lecture Series – Distinguished professionals from across the U.S. share their expertise in talks given at the Rochester Academy of Medicine.
- Active Lifestyle / Move Program – Physical activity coaching in partnership with Genesee Valley Physical Therapy (GVPT)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) Individual and Group Nutritional Counseling – with Liz Kirk, RDN, CDN (SilverStreamRD)
- Lifestyle Medicine Consultation – Schedule an evaluation with one of our medical providers today!
Upcoming CHIP program:
Begins Tuesday February 5, 2019
Ends: Tuesday July 9, 2019
Free CHIP Information Session:
Tuesday January 29, 2019
6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Current CHIP Program:
Began: Thursday October 25, 2018
Ends: Thursday April 11, 2019
Welcome to the Complete Health Improvement Program!
CHIP provides the information, motivation and group support over a series of 18 sessions to help participants make positive changes. Participants learn how to enjoy a healthy whole-food plant based diet, increase physical activity, and manage stress. Over 65,000 people have benefited from CHIP in the last 25 years, and you can be next!
Five Rochester area doctors have recently been awarded their board-certification in Lifestyle Medicine!
Please Click here to meet our newly board-certified doctors and the rest of our amazing staff.
Checkout our latest ad about the greatest “drug” ever!
Do you want to feel better than you’ve felt in a long time?
Are you tired of being prescribed medicine as a band-aid approach to better health?
By eating the right foods, you can improve, arrest, and even reverse chronic lifestyle diseases, such as:
- Type 2 diabetes
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
- Early prostate cancer
THE COMPLETE HEALTH IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM (CHIP)
Our medically-supervised CHIP programs offer a supportive environment to inspire happy, healthy people and communities.
Take charge of your own well-being, and you may see great results such as:
- Lower cholesterol
- Improved mood
- Normal blood sugar
- More energy
- Lower blood pressure
- Weight loss
- Lower medication costs
- Better sleep
WE’RE IN THE NEWS
CHIPPing It Off (One Pound at a Time)
Ted Barnett, MD, FACLM invited to Renal Roundtable at Nation Kidney Foundation – Rochester
Dr. Barnett speaks at NKF-Rochester Renal Roundtable November 12, 2018 alongside Amol Shrikhande, MD.
Dr. Barnett speaks at URMC’s 25th Annual Heart & Vascular Symposium
Register today to hear Dr. Barnett speak on November 6, 2018.
Ted Barnett, MD, FACLM Latest Video Podcast!
Plant Yourself Podcast with Howard Jacobson, PhD on August 2, 2018
Susan Friedman, MD, MPH and Lifestyle Medicine in the Democrat & Chronicle
Rochester Sunday D & C
Dr. Ted Barnett interview
Time Warner Cable
Let Rochester Lifestyle Medicine help
you take control of your health.
We are a team of over 40 Rochester-area
doctors and medical professionals
dedicated to helping individuals improve their
health through making lifestyle changes.
Meet our Founder and CEO
Ted Barnett, MD
The High-Tech Doctor, with Low-Tech Solutions
- Board Certified in Lifestyle Medicine
- Board Certified in Diagnostic Imaging as well as Vascular and Interventional Radiology
- Attending Radiologist with Borg & Ide Imaging and Unity Hospital since 1986
- Yale University BS, 1976; Tufts University MD, 1980
- Consultant, Speaker, & Scientific Advisory Board member: Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
- Published in the Journal of the American Dietetic Association
- Testified before the Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee in Washington, DC
- Developed and teaches “Plant Based Nutrition: Eating for Happiness and Health,” CME accredited course
- Member of the American College of Lifestyle Medicine
- Co-Coordinator of Rochester Area Vegan Society with wife, Carol H. Barnett, PhD, JD
- Vegan since reading Reversing Heart Disease by Dean Ornish, MD in 1991
- With his wife Carol, raised 3 vegan children
- Read Dr. Barnett’s full Curriculum Vitae here
We will advocate only lifestyle changes that are affordable and accessible.
We will always be aware of the need to reach out to those least likely to seek our help.
We will promote only educational services.
We will not sell products such as supplements, vitamins, or equipment.
Are you ready to get healthy and be part of a thriving community? Learn about a new lifestyle program that can benefit you!
We understand that it will take a revolution to change the unhealthy habits of our community. That’s why we’ve created our CHIP Revolution program, designed around our core CHIP curriculum.
We know that many people will need ongoing support to help them stick with the CHIP Principles they acquired during the first year of the CHIP Revolution. CHAMP, the CHIP Alumni Maintenance Program, was created to fill that need.
Lifestyle as Medicine
The series will resume again in the spring of 2017.
Dr. Chad Teeters, Chief of Cardiology at Highland Hospital opened up the fall series with “But Nobody Will Do That!”: Treating Heart Disease With Plant-Based Nutrition.
Past speakers have included Drs. Michael Greger, Neal Barnard, Caldwell Esselstyn, Michael Klaper, Thomas Campbell, Chad Teeters, and Joel Kahn.
Our Programs and Events
FREE Information Session
Our next one will be scheduled soon!
Learn more about our CHIP Revolution program in this free session.
CHIP Revolution Programs
Our next ones will be scheduled soon!
One year program with 3 month intensive lifestyle intervention.
Calendar of Upcoming Events
We host frequent events, including yoga, cooking classes and CME courses.