Our team is a group of over 40 professionals dedicated to spreading well-being and happiness by teaching the principles of a healthy lifestyle.
We are excited to announce that, as of November 2017, five of our physicians have been board-certified by the American Board of Lifestyle Medicine. They are designated with a degree (°) after their name.
They are among the 205 physicians around the country who passed the inaugural examination in Lifestyle Medicine!
In addition to their other credentials, everyone on this page with an asterisk (*) after their name is a certified CHIP facilitator.
Although many providers on this page see patients for RLM, none work full-time for us. All have other employment.
Ted D. Barnett, MD*°
RLM Founder, Executive Medical Director and CEO
Read more about our Medical Director
- Dr. Barnett is the High-Tech Doctor with Low Tech Solutions.
- He is Board Certified in Diagnostic Imaging as well as Vascular and Interventional Radiology and has practiced in the Rochester area since 1986.
- Dr. Barnett teaches a 6 week plant-based nutrition course which is accredited for 12 professional CME. Over 520 Rochesterians have taken the course which has been given 11 times.
- He, his wife and three children have thrived on an exclusively plant-based diet for 25 years.
- Read Dr. Barnett’s full Curriculum Vitae here.
Kerry Graff, MD*°
RLM Lead Physician and Assistant Medical Director
Read more about our Lead Physician
Dr. Kerry Graff is a family physician in solo practice in Canandaigua, NY. After learning about the tremendous health benefits of eating a whole food plant-based diet, she personally adopted this way of eating and has been teaching it to her patients using the 4Leaf Program, which encourages people to get 80% or more of calories from whole plants for personal as well as environmental health. She now serves as Chief Medical Officer of 4Leaf Global and is the co-author of The 4Leaf Guide to Vibrant Health with J. Morris Hicks. She is a member of the American College of Lifestyle Medicine and holds a certificate in Plant-Based Nutrition from the T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies through eCornell. She remains board certified in Family Medicine and is a member of the American Academy of Family Practice.
Susan Friedman, MD, MPH*°
RLM Director of Clinical Research
Read more about our Director of Clinical Research
Trained at Northwestern and Johns Hopkins Universities, Dr. Friedman is an active clinician, teacher, scholar, and researcher with a special interest in healthy aging. She is a board certified internist and geriatrician, serving as a hospitalist at Highland Hospital. Her model for healthy aging is the blue zone framework, of which a focus on plant-based, whole foods nutrition is a key component. At home, she is happy to find new plant-based recipes to serve to her multi-generation household, that includes her mom, husband, and 3 growing boys. The recipient of numerous research grants, she is an Associate Professor of Medicine at the University of Rochester. Here is a link to one of her recent articles about healthy aging. More information about Dr. Friedman is available here.
Sandra Sarnoski-Roberts, MD*°
Thomas Roberts, MD*°
Rosalind Hayes, M.D.*
RLM Director of Corporate Health and Wellness, Reproductive Endocrinology
Read more about Dr. Hayes
Medical training took place in the RPI-Albany Medical College 6-year biomedical program, followed by OB/GYN Residency at the University of Rochester. Subspecialty training in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility (REI) was done at Ohio State University. She has practiced REI and Gynecology at Rochester Fertility Care for 25 years.
Time outside work is enjoyed with her husband and two daughters. In addition to general good health practices, special attention in given to gluten-free and low-FODMAP eating due to Celiac Disease and IBS.
She is very happy to be a part of the health effort that goes beyond the doctor’s office in Rochester Lifestyle Medicine. A front row seat to the devastation that poor lifestyle choices wreaks on young couples who wish to begin their families is an important impetus.
Dr. Hayes earned her Personal Training Certification through Cooper Institute as an extension of a lifelong enjoyment of exercise. She has done many activities in the past including teaching swimming and downhill skiing. Her current activities include Pilates, walking and biking.
Julie Yoon, MD*
Read more about Dr. Yoon
Dr Yoon is a practicing physician in Henrietta, NY. She is board certified in both internal medicine and geriatric medicine. Originally from Buffalo, NY she received her undergraduate education at Cornell University. She graduated from Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, NY in 2004 and completed her residency and fellowship training at the University of Rochester in 2008. For more information you can visit her website at www.imbrighton.com.
Mitchell Ehrenberg, MD*
Read more about Dr. Ehrenberg
Dr. Mitchell Ehrenberg is an internist in Rochester, New York and is affiliated with Rochester General Hospital. He received his medical degree from NYU School of Medicine.
Miyeon Oh, MD, HMDC*
Internal Medicine, Hospice, Palliative Care
Read more about Dr. Oh
Dr. Miyeon Oh is board certified in Internal Medicine and Hospice and Palliative Care. She is also a certified Hospice Medical Director. Dr. Oh has been caring for terminally ill patients and their families since 2002 and currently is the Associate Hospice Medical Director at Lifetime Care Hospice in Rochester, NY. She has proudly adopted a plant based diet, loves to run and strives to be a mindful parent. She lives in Pittsford with her husband, Egan Allen, MD and three daughters.
Gaylinn Greenwood, MD*
Read more about Dr. Greenwood
Dr. Gaylinn Greenwood joined Honeoye Valley Family Practice in 2007. She was born and raised in Milwaukee Wisconsin. She graduated from the University Of Wisconsin Medical School in 1987 and completed her family practice residency at the University of Rochester in 1990. Dr. Greenwood served as family medicine chief resident at Highland Hospital from 1990-1991, and completed some fellowship training in Ob/Gyn, infectious diseases and adolescent medicine during that time. From 1991-2007 Dr. Greenwood worked in an underserved, urban community in northwest Rochester, as an employee of Unity Health System. Dr. Greenwood’s interests include, reading, writing, gardening, mountaineering, and international travel.
Carol Barnett, PhD, JD*
Read more about Carol Barnett
Co-Coordinator, Rochester Area Vegan Society; provides the recipes, cooking and food sampling for a six-week course in Plant-Based Eating which has reached more than 300 people in the Rochester area; mother of three adult children who are lifelong vegans.
Margaret Odhner, NP*
Read more about Margaret Odhner
Jane Dorsey, NP*
Read more about Jane Dorsey
- Master’s degree in Science from the University of Rochester
- Master’s degree in oriental medicine and acupuncture at the New York Chiropractic College Acupuncture Program in Seneca Falls, NY
- Board certified family nurse practitioner
- Is a registered nurse and member of the Nurse Practitioner Association of New York, American Academy of Sleep Medicine, and Sigma Theta Tau International
- Currently completing licensure exams to practice acupuncture and oriental medicine
- Joined Unity Sleep Disorders Center in 1999
Jacki Hagelberg, RN, FNP*
Family Nurse Practitioner
Read more about Jacki Hagelberg
I am a Family Nurse Practitioner, recently retired. My experience includes working in a Headache Specialty Practice, Family Practice and Occupational Health. I have a Plant Based Nutrition certificate from eCornell and the T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies.
I have followed a whole food, plant based diet for the past several years and think this is an important cornerstone of a healthy lifestyle. Working with headache patients, I focused on lifestyle factors. This includes getting adequate sleep, engaging in regular exercise, maintaining adequate hydration, managing stress and eating a healthy diet.
The CHIP program includes all of the factors noted above in managing a healthy lifestyle. This is an excellent program to help individuals learn how to take control of their health. I am pleased to be participating in this exciting new program in our area.
My husband and I have 2 grown children. I enjoy biking, walking and making quilt projects.
Kristin Smith, D.N.P.*
Read more about Kristin Smith
Dr. Smith is a graduate of the St. John Fisher College Doctor of Nursing Practice program and served as an adjunct professor in the Wegmans School of Nursing at the college.
Susan Keleher, RD*
Read more about Susan Keleher
- graduate of State University of New York College at Buffalo (May 1998) with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Dietetics
- graduate of Huron College in Huron, South Dakota with a Bachelor of Arts degree (May, 1975)
- currently employed by Orleans Community Health as a Renal Dietitian at Lake Plains Dialysis in Medina & Batavia, N.Y., as well as outpatient nutrition education and home health care.
- organic gardening enthusiast, food preservationist, and culinary afficionado.
- volunteer and supporter of the N.Y. GMO food labeling efforts.
- mother of 4 wonderful children (5 grandchildren) whose well being and health were the inspiration for my journey into the field of nutrition nearly 35 years ago.
Linda Rowsick, RD, CD-N*
Read more about Linda Rowsick
A registered dietitian for more than 30 years, Linda focuses on promoting health via an essential part of our lives – food! Linda is a certified dietitian-nutritionist in New York State. She has worked in various healthcare settings, including acute and long-term care, child and adult day care, consulting and foodservice supervision. An adjunct professor at Monroe Community College, she has also worked per diem in the community for Finger Lakes Visiting Nurse Service. Linda believes everyone’s life can be enhanced by the choices they make at the grocery store and in the kitchen. Nutrition is a science, so our knowledge is forever growing. Not only does Linda find the science of nutrition fascinating, but it is the “art” of nutrition that can make life rich by affecting many aspects of who we are and how we feel. In fact, Linda’s favorite expression is “You are what you eat!”
Irina Novozhenets, PA*
Read more about Irina Novozhenets
- Board certified Physician Assistant, BS-PA
- Practice as a Physician Assistant in Cardiology practice, Sands Constellation Heart Institute
- Adjunct faculty at Rochester Institute of Technology Physician Assistant program
- Member of Rochester Vegan Society
- Vegetarian for 23 years
- Participated in various herbal medicine studies and courses
- Raised a vegetarian daughter
Gail S. Weiser, PA, LCSW*
Registered Physician Assistant, Social Worker
Read more about Gail Weiser
- 37 years of clinical experience in Integrative, Functional and Lifestyle Medicine.
- Current medical employment in Pediatrics, Family Medicine and Psychiatry.
- Private practice in health counseling, individual, couple and family psychotherapy.
- Previous experience in Urgent Care, OB/GYN and facilitated a bereavement support group, “Healing After Suicide”.
- Specialty training/education in Family Therapy, Pediatric Clinical Hypnosis, Integrative and Functional Medicine.
- Professional Organizations: Integrative Health Committee of the Monroe County Medical Society, International College of Integrative Medicine.
- My passion is working collaboratively with people who are motivated to pursue health and well being by developing a personal nutrition and lifestyle plan, including stress management, family and community support.
- I enjoy regular exercise, bicycling, hiking, gardening and the arts.
Colleen McTammany, PA*
Read more about Colleen McTammany
- Attended West Virginia Wesleyan College for a Bachelor’s of Science in Athletic Training.
- Worked as a Basic EMT through college.
- Worked with he Franciscan Volunteer Ministry in Camden, NJ.
- Studied at Chatham University for her Master’s in Physician Assistant Studies
- Works as a Physician Assistant in Orthopedics
- My passion in life is to help others, whether it is physically, emotionally, spiritually, or economically. I look at life as a journey and believes each part ties in to overall wellness. It is all part of the journey.
- My interests outside of work include camping, hiking, yoga, traveling, reading, and live music.
Rosemary Foos, LCSW-R*
Read more about Rosemary Foos
Nothing is more rewarding than assisting my clients on their path to greater awareness, growth, and positive well-being. I have been a therapist for over 30 years~ helping others achieve optimal emotional health.
Leena Isac, LMSW*
Read more about Leena Isac
Leena Isac has a BS from Cornell University and an MSW from The State University at Buffalo. She maintains a private practice conducting psychotherapy with individuals and couples. Leena is a member of the American Group Psychotherapy Association (AGPA), and serves on the board of the Rochester Area Group Psychotherapy Society (RAGPS).
Peg Haust-Arliss, LCSW-R*
Read more about Peg Haust-Arliss
Peg is the proud owner of Fear To Freedom Holistic Psychotherapy. Her thriving private practice is located in the beautiful Finger Lakes area of upstate NY where she offers in person and online individual therapy, VIP Day Breakthrough Sessions, and Coaching Programs based on her book. She also offers education and coaching for plant based vegan living. For more info visit her website at www.FearToFreedom.com
Marsha Raines, LMSW*
Certified Social Work Case Manager
Read more about Marsha Raines
- BA degree in Gerontology – State University of New York at Buffalo
- MS degree, with a specialization in Aging, Columbia University School of Social Work
- NYS Licensed Master Social Worker
- Certified Social Work Case Manager (C-ASWCM) Marsha is certified both as an Advanced Social Work Case Manager and as an Aging Life Care Professional. These nationally recognized advanced credentials are only available to licensed Social Workers who have demonstrated proven professional training and experience in case management.
- Greater New York Chapter of the Aging Life Care Professional
- National Association of Social Workers
- Greater Rochester Partnership for the Elderly
Phyllis Fleischman, MBA*
Health Coach, Cooking Instructor
Read more about Phyllis Fleischman
Phyllis graduated from Potsdam College with a mathematics degree and holds an MBA from the State University of New York at Buffalo. She has a Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate from The T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies through eCornell. She has completed the Rouxbe Cooking School Plant-Based Professional Certification. Phyllis not only teaches individual and group cooking classes, but also mentors and coaches individuals on how to plan meals, stock a pantry, save time, and make daily fitness enjoyable. In her spare time she enjoys running and cycling around the Finger Lakes and has completed seven marathons. She was inspired by plant-based athletes ultrarunner Scott Jurek and the No Meat Athlete Matt Frazier. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Darcie Johnson, MSEd*
Read more about Darcie Johnson
Starting in February, 2015, I removed all symptoms from both diagnosed osteoarthritis and a 24-year difficult struggle with fibromyalgia by removing sugar, flour, most processed foods and eating lots more whole, fresh vegetables and fruit. Pretty naturally in this process, I lost 25 lbs. I am 64, and I have to say it…I look and feel awesome! I know, first hand, the power of eating whole, plant-based food. By choice, I now eat 99% whole-plant based diet but still not yet willing to give up ½ & ½ in my decaf coffee! I feel no need to be perfect but my quality of life has soared by changing my diet. I have a wonderful man in my life, am an active member at the Rochester Zen Center, have 2 dachshunds and live in a cute little bungalow in City of Rochester. Life is good.
- 15 years as a Certified Financial Planner for Merrill Lynch and Morgan Stanley. Reentered into the workplace after raising my daughter with Smith Barney with focus on Mergers and Acquisitions
- Masters in Education: Counseling, focus on Group Dynamics.
- Created Personal Development Programs facilitated to small business employees
- Created meditation programs for women recovering from addiction and single moms restarting their lives in 2 non-profit organizations, Wilson Commencement Park and Catholic Family Center.
- Artist, best with Portraiture
Melaney Bernhardt, CHHC*
Certified Holistic Health Coach
Read more about Melaney Bernhardt
Melaney received certification in Plant-Based Nutrition through T. Colin Campbell’s e-Cornell course and is certified as a Holistic Health Coach by the Institute of Integrative Nutrition. She is also certified by the American Association of Drugless Practitioners (AADP). Melaney has taught smoothie making, juicing and general healthy eating at various local corporations and has also taught classes through the Brighton Continuing Ed department. Melaney can be reached at (585) 683-3680 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
Certified Integrative Nutrition Health Coach
Read more about Sue Taylor
In 2011, the Forks Over Knives documentary convinced me that plant-based was the way to go. My journey started with Dr. Ted Barnett’s course: A Plant-Based Diet: Eating for Happiness and Health, in conjunction with the support and camaraderie of the Rochester Area Vegan Society co-coordinated by Ted and his wife Carol. I was inspired to become a plant-based Health Coach and consequently took The Institute of Integrative Nutrition’s Health Coach Program, whose focus is on the whole person, not just diet. This is in keeping with the CHIP program focus. To further my knowledge I took Dr. T. Colin Campbell’s Certificate Course in Plant-Based Nutrition through eCornell. I have also completed the Forks Over Knives/Rouxbe Plant-Based Cooking Course. I am a member of the Association of Drugless Practitioners (AADP). I am passionate about all aspects of this lifestyle and look forward to furthering the health benefits of all of CHIP’s participants.
Jessica Altman, M.Ed*
Certified Plant-Based Chef and Nutritionist
Read more about Jessica
Jessica is a busy mom of 2 beautiful kids, ages 11 and 14, and grows much of what her family eats. She is a certified plant-based chef, holds a certification in plant-based nutrition, and is a certified CHIP facilitator. She is a passionate educator, and has taught science, community gardening, and food education since 1998. She holds a Masters in Science Education, is a certified NYS biology teacher, and recently began a Masters in Public Health program. Jessica combines her passion for cooking & gardening with her passion for teaching. She writes recipes and photographs her food blog, a website devoted to plant-based, gluten free, seasonal recipes. Jessica lectures about the health benefits of plant-based nutrition, and holds healthy, plant-based cooking classes in the Buffalo, NY area wherever there’s a table and an outlet! Her recipes have been featured on One Green Planet, Food Revolution Network, the American Heart Association, Forks Over Knives, www.tastespotting.com,
Ruth Goldberg, PhD*
Read more about Dr. Goldberg
Read more about Mary Barletta
I’ve been attracted to yoga all my life. I fell in love with the practice of asana a couple of years ago (thank you Ryan Barry!). The changes to my life have been profound. I’ve become less reactive, I have a deep sense of peace and I am happy! I am comfortable in my own skin and my desire is to share my practice with others…to share the love! I completed my 200 hour teacher training with Breathe Yoga here in Rochester, NY. I am currently in their 300 hour program.
Jill Brooks, RN, DC*
Chiropractor, Registered nurse
Read more about Jill Brooks
Jill Brooks graduated from the National College of Chiropractic in 1996 and has been practicing in Rochester, New York since then. Dr. Brooks has a Doctor of Chiropractic degree, as well as a Bachelor of Science in Nursing, and a Bachelor of Science in Human Biology, all with honors. Dr. Brooks practiced as a Registered Nurse (RN) at VA hospitals for 7 years. Dr. Jill Brooks continues to update her education in the latest techniques, and information with seminars 3-4 times a year.
Kristin Keyes, BSPsy*
Read more about Kristin Keyes
Kristin graduated summa cum laude from the University of Pittsburgh in 2010 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology and a Leadership Certificate. She has always been interested in health and nutrition, but didn’t begin to truly understand the immense impact of our food choices until watching Forks Over Knives and Vegucated. Kristin began working as Lake Country Family Medicine’s Office Manager in 2014, where she has the opportunity to see the inspirational transformations of the patients who adopt or move towards eating a whole food, plant-based diet. She also holds a certificate in Plant-Based Nutrition from eCornell’s T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies, and a Plant-Based cooking certificate from Forks Over Knives/Rouxbe cooking school. She is the Administrative Director of 4Leaf Global, which utilizes tools that help people maximize their consumption of whole plant foods. In her spare time, she enjoys swimming, hiking, spending time with her husband and animals, and sharing her passion for this lifestyle by cooking for her family and friends.
April Hunt, BSPsy*
RLM Executive Administrator, Business Development
Read more about our Administrator
April graduated with a Bachelor Degree in Psychology from SUNY Brockport in 1995. She has a varied background including Computer Aided Drafting, Process Engineering, Paralegal, Homeschool Teacher and Business Owner. April started her first small business in 1999 in the Southern Tier and added a second business in 2004. She sold both businesses in 2014 and relocated to the Rochester Area. April is passionate about empowering people to take control of their health and happiness through positive lifestyle changes. April is committed to reducing the incidence of chronic disease in our community and country through lifestyle education and cultural changes in communities. She is actively assisting Rochester Lifestyle Medicine, PLLC in partnership with like-minded organizations such as the Lifestyle Medicine Institute and the Rochester Academy of Medicine to create a new cost-effective model for treatment of chronic disease in a medical practice setting through the use of the Complete Health Improvement Program and other Lifestyle Medicine services.
RLM Practice Manager